Wednesday, September 24, 2008




Well time to leave China. Great visit. Katie and I had breakfast in Yiwu then she stayed in the room a while while I headed off to the train. Only problem in the transport was descending the esculator in Shanghai where an older lady with a large suitcase stumbled on the exit point which demonstarted the domino theory to perfection. After a few upsteps shimmeys I had to lift my bags and go over the top which happened with minimal upset. Looking back at the carnage no one was hurt and everyone seemed to get their feet. I am staying at a good hotel in a part of the city I would have no real idea where. Tuesday afternoon I took a look along the Bund and then a river cruise. The buildings were fantastic. Yesterday I took a walk down the Bund and then a river trip. The skyline is super impressive. Weds I took the trip up Jing Mau tower which goes super fast. Outstanding view. I am not sure if you would have Kimmie. Then a walkk along the main walking shopping street with all the glitz you can imagine and side streets filled with the Rolexs Boss etc
Dinner in the evening was Manchurian which I enjoyed although avoided the sheep eyes and gall bladder which I am not overly bothered with.
So now I am in Cam and Penny's flat. It is very comfortable for them although they are very brave having a father staying not much more then 12 feet from them. The plane was a little delayed but Penny had given me good instructions from the airport and Cam had written down the address for the taxi driver so arrived about 8. They took me across the road to one of their regular restaurants which was excellent. Sitting around BarB Que style eating. lots of fun. Also across the road is a Gym and they gave me a heads up on it last night so at 6.15 this morning I headed over. It was great and managed to have my shoes and clothes off roughly at the right time. I had a very supportive smiling Korean man overseeing my every move so no problems. We are having a lunch during their break and then this evening catching the train to Pusan for the weekend. It is brilliant being here with them.
Love G

1 comment:

yrreg said...

I DID go up the tower!